Ever since watching Captain America a few weeks ago, I became somewhat obsessed with the matte red lips that Hayley Atwell's character is wearing throughout the movie. It really looks great on her. I have been ditching my lipglosses for a while and sticking to lipsticks, but I don't do a red lip cause I feel that it's inappropriate for school so I stick to more of lip stains. This look would really be great for night outs or for a special event.To recreate Peggy Carter's lip look:
- First, you must have soft and moisturized lips. You don't want to have dry patches appearing. Exfoliate using a lip scrub, or you can just use a toothbrush. Afterwards, use a lip balm to keep your lips feeling soft and smooth.
- Next is to choose your color. There are different types of reds and choose what is most appropriate for your skin tone.
- Line your lips with a lip liner. This step is optional but it keeps the lipstick from bleeding and going out the edges of your lips
- Apply your lipstick carefully, making sure that it is a precise application. Any mistake in application can be seen because it is a really bold color. Use a lip brush if you must.
- The last step is to smile and have confidence! This will really make you look fabulous along with your fabulous lips!
Hope that's helpful.