Hello everyone! I finished school early today, so I have the extra time to write a new post before studying for my upcoming oral exam.
Today's topic is about the comparison of my sunblock lotions: the first one being the Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 40 and the second one is the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50+.
I got a sample size of the Clinique one from a kit that I purchased about 2 months ago. The full size of it contains 1.4 fl.oz and retails for $18. The Neutrogena sunblock has 3 fl. oz. of product and the price ranges from $9-$11 because of different SPF levels but here in the Philippines, we only have one SPF level and it retails for PHP509.75.
Clinique Super City Block SPF 40:
"A lightweight daily moisturizer that provides a high level of protection against sun and environmental damage.
What it is formulated to do:This daily screen provides remarkable protection against both sun and environmental damage. Its sheer, weightless formula includes broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun-blocking ingredients and antioxidants. Perfect for all skin types, even the most sensitive, this product can be worn alone or as an invisible makeup primer." From Sephora
1. High level of SPF and broad spectrum- It can protect from both UVA and UVB rays.
2. Did not cause any breakouts.
3. Can be worn under makeup
1. Thick consistency- maybe it is just a matter of preference but I find that it is hard to blend.
2. Has a tint- I thought at first that it might be a good thing, but the tint shows up on my face and leaves a slight pink appearance. I find that it bothers me a little because I have yellow undertones.
3. Can be worn under makeup- I tried it but after 4 hours, my skin looked shiny, more shiny than when I don't put this product on.
4. Finish- it leaves a dewy finish, not an oily or greasy one. My skin is oily so I don't particularly like having a dewy finish.
5. Value for money-at $18 a piece for 1.4 fl. oz., this might be too expensive for some people.
Neutrogena Ulta Sheer Dry Touch SPF50:
"Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 is a revolutionary, dermatologist-tested formula that contains Helioplex® technology, the latest breakthrough in UV protection.Waterproof
Helioplex® delivers unbeatable UVA protection. It works better to help prevent damaging UVA rays from penetrating deep under skin's surface. Dry-Touch technology absorbs excess sunscreen oils, leaving a clean, lightweight, non-shiny finish.
Serious sun protection never felt this light on your skin.
This product features Helioplex®, a breadth of stabilized sunscreen technologies that delivers superior protection from the sun. "
Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores)
1. High SPF, broad spectrum with Helioplex Technology (PA+++) - added protection from the sun.
2.Natural Finish- I would not classify it as a matte finish, but it is also not on the dewy side so I would say that it is in between.
3. Non-greasy and non-sticky feel- you know when you apply sunblock and it feels like you put oil on your face or your like a walking velcro? Well this sunblock is not doing any of that.
4.Color- it is white, but it does not leave a white cast on your face after.
5. Oil control- I know it is not for mattifying purposes but it somehow keeps the oil on my face at bay for up to 6 hours. I'll blot one time and its fine for the rest of the day.
6. Did not cause breakouts.
Has limited range of SPF to choose from here in my country. Other than that, NOTHING ELSE! I LOVE IT! :)
Here are some pictures:
|hope that you can see the slight pink appearance at the top.|
That is it folks, hope you find that helpful. I will surely repurchase the Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunblock.
Thanks for stopping by,