Friday, August 26, 2011

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipcolor


This is the newest line of lipsticks from CoverGirl. It has 44 shades (yep, it really has that many), retails for $7 or 395PHP locally and has 3.5g of product.

I only got one color which is called Heavenly because my mall has a VERY limited range. There were like 6 colors on display.

CoverGirl Lip Perfection claims to give a vibrant, rich color, help smooth and perfect lips in 7 days through their silk moisturizers to help keep lips moist.

I must go ahead and say that this is a very good drugstore find.

Heavenly is a neutral pink with some shine on it. It has a very opaque coverage and with just one swipe, you can get the color payoff that you want.

The application is very smooth. It glides on easily and feels sort of like a lip balm to me. It is not drying but I think that it still does not replace the moisturizing powers of a lip balm. But if you are in a hurry, this product is very convenient.

It also has a slight vanilla scent to it, which I am not bothered about. If you are sensitive to scents, I suggest you try it on first before buying it.

I was surprised by the staying powers of this one. It did not fade after 3 hours of wear, but I ate noodles afterwards and it left a stain on my lips! This is great if you don't want to reapply very often because you still have a wash of color afterwards. I personally like lip stains, so this is a plus for me.
The packaging is really great too. Its a purple-gray shiny tube and the bottom has a color that resembles the color of the lipstick inside. This is a great way to determine which color you have without opening the tube.

In a pinch, I think this is a great product because of its great color payoff, non-drying factor and its good price.

More photos/swatches:




swatched with natural light

bare lips


with CoverGirl Lip Perfection in Heavenly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...